Kids like baking and playing with their food. With this mini Science experiment, the kids get to dine and learn through play!
What You Need
- Sugar cookies
- Food colouring
- White frosting
- Plastic bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Larger mixing spoon/ tablespoon
1. Introduce to the kids the primary colours and how they can be mixed to create different colours.
2. Put 3 tablespoons of frosting in 3 different bowls.
3. Add food colouring to the frosting so you have a bowl of each of the primary colours (red, yellow and blue).
4. Hold a demo how to make different colours by mixing equal amounts of the primary colours (Red+Yellow= Orange, Blue+Red= Purple, Yellow+Blue= Green).
5. Finally, let the kids play around with the colours and explore. They can make different shades of the same colour by mixing in more frosting.
Once the fun and excitement wear off, it’s time to decorate the cookies with frosting and sprinkles!
Feature image from Minimalist Baker