Children love cooking and making pancakes is another fun way to involve them in making breakfast! This recipe is very simple for younger children because it only needs five ingredients and they can assist mum and dad in some of the steps.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Serving: About 12 pancakes
- 140g/ 200ml plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 200 ml milk
- 50g butter, melted
- Cooking oil
1. Measure all ingredients into separate bowls for the kids. For kids who are able to crack eggs, let them do the honours.
2. To make the batter, get the kids to tip the flour into a bowl and whisk the eggs until smooth.
3. Gradually add milk to the mixture and beat until it’s lump-free.
4. Whisk in melted butter.
5. Help them oil the pancake pan and pre-heat on the stove.
6. Ladle in some batter into the pan, tilting it slightly to move the mixture around the pan and pour off any excess.
7. Cook the batter for about 30 seconds until golden and flip over to cook the other side.
8. Pile the pancakes up and it’ll be ready to eat!
When the pancake is still warm, let the kids sprinkle some chocolate sprinkles, spread Nutella or jam over it. For a final touch, add a dollop of ice-cream or marshmallows.
You can also add their favourite fruit slices such as strawberries or blueberries if you sneakily want them to get some fibres.